Recently I watch this documantary tv show in TVB channel on Starhub tv. And I pick up some messenges from that show, sitting down and thinking should we spend so much on what we think is 'a must buy', or 'must use'.
For the rich, spending $100 in a meal seems very normal to them, take taxi home or going anywhere is very normal, because you can afford it. When you saw those people who cleaning street, dumping the garbage, cleaning the public toliet, sleeping on the street, or even those who picking up carboard boxes, you will give them a 'look' as you might think is a punishment for them for not working hard enough and not study good enough, telling your children, "If you din't study hard, you will look like them when you grow up." You are wrong because you have a better life than them that you can live in a better world, they can't or I should say they got no choice to choose. Who doesn't want to live without stress, without thinking what happen to tomorrow? Doesn't need to count their day after day, without goal in life. They can't, because most of their time had been struggle to work long hours, and earn so little money for themselve to live throught the whole month.
In the first episode, talking about a rich businessman that he doesn't need to go office most of his time. His time was spend either in the dancing room, or golf, having friends to join him out sea in his personal yacht, a good life ahead. Having a luxury lifestyle in his early years. Until he join the program, holding HKD$15 to last the whole week, and need to sleep on the street. Cannot asking friends for help, he need to find a job fast. Looking for almost the whole day, finally found one. A job need him to work for 5 hours, and when he finish his 5 hours, he was fired. Earning HKD$125, and he said something that I do agreed it very much, "Spending $100 in a meal, is very normal thing to most people, but when earning $100, you need to do this."
There are 4 story in these series and it had shown in Hong Kong on 22nd of Sept 2009, but in Singapore Starhub tv, is still showing in TVB channel.
First is the young businessmen, 2nd is girl named JuJu, a part time modeler, 3rd is a CEO of a register IT company, and last, a a lady that owned a lawyer cert, and live as a rich woman after married. All of them had a very good life and rich living life style.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v74FWfsp7z8
After watching it, I was thinking... spending $2.00 is a meal, spending $200.00 is also meal, but looking at them, question came to me is "Do I need to eat $200 a meal?" Or even spending money on thing that only can give you a short term happiness? I think what I owned right now, is really so much better than them. When is raining, I got shelter, when I'm hungry, I got food to eat and no worries of what will happen to me tomorrow. I think something we do asking too much in life. Maybe slow down the pace and even stopped and look around, imagine what messenges can it bring you and what you can do, what you can learn. The rich and famous will never understand the lower class life, unless they become them.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.