Tuesday, February 08, 2011

恭喜发财!!! 发 arrr...lolz

Today is Lunar Chinese New Year. All children are waiting for this day to come, hope can go more place to visit and the main reason is getting more red packet (红包). As for parent, they hope not visit too many places, as more place more give away red packet, lolz. So in the present, most parent can go avoid the new year (避年), usually it happen few days before the New Year come, so running away for holiday can avoid giving away the red packet. But some, actually going holiday with all the 3-4 generation together...enjoy the holiday with their family, it's sure get alot of fun there.

Every Chinese New Year had bring me some memories. Some happy and some regrets...

The Past

When I was in my younger day (teenage), I start to dislike going to visit my relative or my mum old friends house. The first day of Chinese New Year is a custom for chinese to visit their elderly. So all the uncle and aunt, cousin all will be there, as most of their time will working hard and hardly call or meet each others, this is the only 1 day to meet with family and chat, and the second day onwards will either friends come visit us or we go visit others. But as a teenage, I do not like it that much. I had made a biggest mistake by saying this when my mother ask me to go visit my ah kong (grandpap) and ah ma (grandma). I said,"Every year also got New Year, miss 1 or 2 is no big deal!" Then it was just so sudden that my ah kong past away the follow year without saw him the last. I still remember my mother told me that ah kong ask me, "Where is ah wei?" (ah wei is my small name.) Is still painful when I remember his question. Is the biggest regret that I have to bring it into my grave. 

The Present 

Everytime I go to my ah kong old house (Toa Payoh Lor.6), it bring me to the old memories of ah kong and me. He love me alot, and my mother always said I bully my ah kong by asking him buy toy car for me everytime I go visit him on Saturday. Now he is no longer with us, I kind of missed him. Maybe I was getting old, as I'm more cherish family now. I enjoy every Chinese New Year visit, as we all know that the old folks will never stay with us forever; one day we might found one of your aunt or uncle or even your parent not having New Year with us anymore. So every year is important to us and hopping to see them next year again...

I think Chinese New Year is not only getting more red packet, but to share the "warmest" among each other, as the city life had eaten our soul alive and we need to keep cool and alert at all time, make us very "cold". Chinese New Year is the only days that we can feel the "warm" in human. That's why we should always past down this custom to our new generation.
If you are young teenage who reading this, sit down and think of it, there are alot of memories with your ah ma or ah kong, or even your parent. Look at them again, don't you find them getting older each years, and did you ever think of one day, they will left you. So cherish the days with them, or you will reget that you did not.

So....

Gong Hay Fa Choi .... HUAT ah!!!

hahahaha!!! Happy holiday too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.