The front hood, that plastic look-a-like mesh doesn't fit nicely and got mess up real bad, so I decided to cut away most of the part and replaced it with the cloth mesh provided in the kit.
The front part all doesn't fit nicely, I have to redo most of it, although it does look weird as hollow...but I got no choice but to do so. Now looks better than stock... lol.
Here are some of the completed models...(same thing, I do not have a good place to take nice/professional photos, as space are limited)
I was quite surprise that Aoshima did a good job in those interior and decals too, only 1 issue is the dash board come in 2 pieces, and it doesn't fit good. Well, is good if you want to do 2 tone color, without masking, but you might want to test fit both halves before doing your colors.
The engine part. Not really a complete full engine but a simplify engine. Anyway, you will seeing the rest of the parts except this... (damn, waste my effort on doing carbon fiber on the mainfold cover...)
I got some problem when fitting up the whole chassis to body, some rear alignment is off, I still struggle to find the problem. I will since I still got 2 more SL65 to go... If I not wrong, is one of the interior part had blocking the alignment of the whole vehicle, but only when I found out when everything ready to go together. Not very satisfied with the result...as I did some stupid mistake and not fitting most of the error, hope next one will be better.






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.