Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Almost there...

After raining and windy for so long, finally having some day with big sunshine. And that allow me to finish most of the parts on SLR 722 Edition and Brabus SLR. It took me almost 4 hours of masking, and then sprayed the next day. I don't really enjoy masking, but this step can't be missed in each build.

Now, the sprayed semi-gloss is dry together with semi-gloss clear, is finally the part that I enjoyed most... removing all the masking tape. It's like a kid opening their Christmas present... lolz. Perfect masking will give me a 'WOW' but if imprefectation..then is "Oh shit!" like a kid...open what he want, satisfaction. if not will be "I already got this last year..." (disappointment)... same goes with the removing masking tape...

Test fitting on it with the body...(I can't wait to put everything up...)


SLR 722 Edition. Most people will go for a more Mercedes color, silver or metallic grey or basic color like black, white, red, yellow, etc. But I want to try something bold, it might be look alittle overkill, but it's look good to me, except the tires are fat, so it doesn't show aggressive. What done is done, let's move on to another cars.


Brabus SLR722. I've made some mistake on coloring the interior parts, and now I only can say it only having 98% replica to Brabus SLR. Is a gloss black car with silver wheels and I might consider to do another SLR again. Because after looking at the Brabus SLR roadster with red interior...damn is hot! But the roadster conversion is not cheap, so really need to think twice. Plus upcoming will be the SLR722GT and Hamann Volcano SLR.

Someone might ask why so many SLR? Well, ever since SLR was announced in 2009, I had fell in love on it. And Tamiya make my dream come true, althought is not a cheap model to buy. Then Mercedes having a Stirling Moss SLR, that even make me crazy on it...and yes, this car will be one of my project. It will be a ultimate project to me. Will not build it until 2013, as 2012 had already packed with many projects.

Now back to research table... *.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.