Friday, October 28, 2011

bring some old memories back again...

Sometime I also cannot understand why I love muscle car so much, so much that I want to own one myself. Too bad here in Singapore are not allow to own a muscle car, plus the petrol will kill me instantly, lol.

I think my first muscle car that I seen should be on TV program when I was a kid. I saw my first two english series on my TV were 'Green Hornet' and 'Night Rider', then follow by 'Duke of Hazzard'. As for cartoon, I still in love of 'Wacky Racer' and 'M.A.S.K.', all these show contain cars that feature American muscle car. When I start schooling, at Primary school, I already in love of these muscle cars, and after watching 'Christine', the car inside the movie is a Cadillac Coupe Deville 1959...OMG!!! That instantly become my favorite dream car. Of course not forgetting the 'Grease' movie. (that should be a Mercury Custom. The flame design on side with flame blow out from the exhaust...Cool!), the old skool movie 'The Italian job' (those tiny morris mini, the jaguar...) Then it does not stop...after grown, the 'Gone in 60 second' (Mustang Eleanor...*I still looking for the conversion kit. T.T)

When I was in my secondary school time, I used to hang out with my friends in McDonald near my school. There is book shop I used to go, they sell alot of stuff in there (books, cassette, stuff toy, toys and models.) One in a blue moon, I will go see anything to grab for my girlfriend. But this time is slightly different... I went in and saw 4 models on the shelf...and immediately I grab 2 boxes and paid. Both kit are Imai from japan. 1980 Camaro Z28 and 1978 Pontiac Firebird. My favorite will be the Firebird, becasue the Phoenix on the hood caught my eyes. (Well, end up I get scolded by my girlfriend and reject going out with me for 2 weeks...)
Fujimi did reissue the Camaro Z28, but with the expensive high price tag, I did not want to get. But if they do reissue the firebird..hmmm...I might want to buy it as it does give me some childhood memories...

What is your favorite car? JDM... or exotic car? No matter what it will be, just enjoy it... (^.^)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.