Saturday, October 22, 2011

Revealing my 'nightmare project' pt.2 - 300SLR coupe 1955

When I saw this kit, I want to own it, it could be another good vintage collection to my Mercedes collection. Leaving another 300SL Gullwing and W196 Streamliner 1954.

Once I got it, I start to study the instruction sheet, and point out the color code, do some research on the kit (as the real vintage photo can tell more detail on it). Then I started on it... Dang!!! (o.O) I had never seen kit got so many punch mark, flashes and mold line in my life. Some people said Airfix kit flashes are scary...well, maybe they should try this. This is 50 times more scary than airfix kit. All the parts come with BIG punch mark, flashes and thick mold line everywhere. There even got parts that molded slight off...OMG!!! (I wonder is this really a Revell Germany kit or Protar kit?) All those error can fix, but now more horror showed...fitting problem...easily broke off parts, weak plastic on some area. So many horror that I can't even figured out which part should be sand, and which is detail...

Saw the frame? It took me almost a week to sand and fix it...Is a hell job. Now I only want 'chop-chop' finish it and forget about the detailing. Not worth my effort doing it, and I believe there wasn't any detail set or photo-etch parts for it...or it will be completely replace by aftermarket parts.

I really wish there is at least a set of photo-etch parts for this kit, as those chrome parts is too thick and it will be a hell job to fit on the body... ... ... Going back to hell next week...wonder when I will be free from it. (T.T)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.