Saturday, October 22, 2011

Revealing my 'nightmare project' pt.1 - SLR722 GT

I bought this Hobby Design conversion last year as I am no mood to scratchbuild myself. Well, I should do it myself as this conversion kit is not cheap. (closed to S$240) almost cost like a full kit. This year, after getting back to auto modeling, I thought to start doing it. Dang!!! (o.O) I dry fitting most of the resin parts...and I found out that none of the part fit well...(hate it!) The rear bumper was too narrow, the front hood leaving a width of 5mm between the front bumper. (WTF!!!) and the hood don't even fit properly. I thought is me...so I try it with Tamiya hood, and it fit well leaving no gap between the hood and front bumper. (T.T)

Saw those Tamiya tape? I had to dry fit with them to see the hugh gap between the plastic kit and the conversion kit. This conversion kit had driving me crazy. It leave me no choice as I paid for it, and now I need to fix it...

Saw the red marker, those part had to sand to align to the rear arch. The front hood and bumper is the hardest to fix, as later I still need to fix the front Mercedes emblem and the headlight, so is hard. The side, extra putty up to cover those gap.

I been doing this for the past few days...everytime I fix some area, my mind keep cursing on it. I could named this as the worst resin conversion kit I ever had. Remember a friend of mine told me MSM F50GT transkits cannot be build, cause alot of thing can't fit. Well, I did bought it, and I dry fit it...thought not so bad, except lots of 'motor work' to be done on the body. But this SLR722GT conversion kit... The resin are beautifully cast, but it can't FIT... ... ... back to hell tomorrow.

note: This SLR722GT might not able to have a open front hood, if the fixing no working, I had to glue it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.