Friday, October 21, 2011

Tamiya CLK-GTR 'Team Sportwear'

After few months not having any update here. Recently I have been go back to auto modeling. Figured out I better start from basic and see am I still interested in car modeling. I try other models, but still no way getting me back, so I decided to drop it all (and I not going back anymore.) Now, I'm completely focus just on cars and bikes. I had finished 2 CLK-DTM 2000 (Original Telie and AMG test car) Now, I go into CLK-GTR... and yes, I think I get 'zaaap' by Mercedes cars, lolz.

After bought the AMS decal for donkey of years, and hope it still good to replace Tamiya decal. Tamiya version of CLK sportwear- those human are way too greenish, so I found out that AMS do have those decal to replace it. As you can see, the color difference on both sheet. Then after looking at both decal, the doubt is back again... (o.O) The word ' CLK SPORTWEAR'...Tamiya once again is different from AMS. I go online to search for it...and is so hard to find real car pict these days, but I manage to find some. Then again, the driver... (o.O) WTH!!! So whose is the correct driver??? AMS got driver of Klaus Ludwig and Ralf Schumacher, and Tamiya got Klaus Ludwig and Bernd Maylander. After searching for driver detail...found it. (When is Ralf Schumacher driven a CLK-GTR?) But both decal got some part error in sponser and end up, I need to use both of them. (=.=")

Done! The decal is up and waiting for a warmer day for my finish coat of clear. Now Let me talk more on the decals. AMS 'girl and guy model' is slightly off scale. Front hood 'girl' is too big, as for the side, too small. Since AMS decal doesn't come like Tamiya (precut the headlight, side) Handling MUST be very careful, as I only had one try. Lucky everything is good. (^.^)

This part is my favourite. Most car builder do these decal different from what I did. I did try like what the instruction told to do, it always fail or not porperly placed. So I use my own way to do it...and everytime works. (If you are beginner, don't try it. Unless you got steady hand and you might want to hold your breath doing it, lolz) Yes, I do it like normal water-slight decals, but since is a reverse, I had to using a tweeze to hold it and lay it on the tyre. Alot of water on the tyres are needed, cause you need to adject the decal into satisfied position, then press hard with a clean tissue or cloth. I also apply 'SOF' extra strong decal softener by Tameo kits. One layer is good enough. (don't apply again or you see your white will be gone.)

and here I had finished my CLK-GTR Team Sportwear






9 more Mercedes to go... (^.^) Working on : CLK-GTR Team Original Telie, CLK-GTR Team Wasteiner, CLK-GTR Team D2, AMG SLR 722GT, Brabus SLR, 300SLR 1955 (is a nightmare!) , CLK-DTM road car, AMG 190E Hammer and Stirling Moss SLR (most expensive conversion (T.T) )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.