I was working on this last week. When I saw my models stacking upward and is time I finished those half building. First off was the 3 UCF31 Celsior, since all the 3 VIP cars had already sprayed and waiting to dry...got some time to spare and decided to pick this up. The problem of this car is... wheel too small, not like what you seen on the box art. Plus, finding good picture on this car..found that is not entire correct. There is a vents in the front hood where the kit doesn't.
This picture clearly shown the vent on the hood, where the kit does not. That I hope I still got my old-skool skill making that, lolz. As for the wheels, I had replaced it with Hobby Design 18inch modena BBS. There are some issue to modify, not a easy task but lucky I had made it.
The wheels sit on the wheel arch pretty good. Hope that the brake disc can fit into the width of the wheels after colored. There I slightly mod it with 'my way', lolz.
You can see here is... Hobby Design wheel without the female connector, and the Fujimi stock brake disc look freaking tiny, if you ask me. I make a small connector by using metal tube, just cutting almost the same size as the p-cap, slot the p-cap in, and test fit on the tiny brake, then follow the test fit on one of the etch disc, it fit perfectly. Now back to the modlfy on the body.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.