Friday, March 23, 2012

The Legend Of Extraordinary Gentlemen : Nemo's car ...in progress

I bought this kit 6 years ago, at first thinking I need to build another one because last one got too much missing part, plus lack of skill scratchbuild it.

First off, glued most of the parts on the body, and putty. Checking all the sunken mark and fill it with putty too.

Day 1:

Since I need to wait for it to dry, putting some time in my masking job since I had sprayed the milky white on it before the body. (Body need alot of work than the rest)


Day 2 - 4:

Prime and check for any mistake, uneven or over sand area, re-putty and sand again. It tooks few days to work on it. I use 400, 600grid sand paper to sand most of the area, then wetsand  it with Tamiya 600 grid, follow by 1000 grid. Wash and dry it. On the fourth day, prime again, and check it without anymore mistake, color on the way.


Day 5:

Removed the masking sol after spraying milky white on the dashboard, next will be test fit all parts into interior.



Unmasking the masking after paint had dry on the underchassis. This kit have been a straight foward so far, except the tires is 'ultra' hard to fit into the plastic wheel hub. I used a Tamiya paint stirrer to assist me to do so...after it, my fingers was so painful, I stop the work, lol.

Day 6 - 7:

I spray 2 layer milky white (or Gaia notes tank interior) on the body and 2 normal coat of Gaia notes EX-03 Clear coat, end with a wet coat. Leave dry for 1 day.

After dry, polish is underway. First;y, I dry sanding it with Tamiya 1500 grid (as surface got alot of orange peel), then follow by 1500 grid wetsand. Wash and dry, polished it with Tamiya Coarse Compound. Then follow by Tamiya Fine Compound (2 round), and Tamiya Finish Compound (2 round), and last with Tamiya Wax. Leave it aside with some cloth cover the body.







Day 8:

Glued some small chrome part on the seats and door panel, also fix the whole interior.


Also some some detail beside the door. Carefully glued most of the chrome part on the body.


Day 9:

Detail will take some days to complete, everyday I only able to glued very few of them. Today I will glued mostly those are small or tiny parts on the body. Don't want it gone missing again like last time.


Note: Test fit the chrome detail first before glue on surface. Some part need to bend abit to sit properly. Trim all the part which need to glued. Until now, this kit do cost alittle more than most simplify kit, but the detail on chrome and finishing on chrome is stunning.

When it complete...well this one not finished. It will look similar to this...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.